Friday, January 2, 2009

Yes, I ran today...

I woke up today and my back pain was gone. I think I tweeked some muscles on New Years Eve. I could hardly move New Years Day so I did a lot of stretches, my daughter rubbed my back, and I slept on a heating pad for half of the night. I woke up feeling pretty good today.

I got out of bed and did the necessities and was off to the YMCA for a run. I did 2 miles and felt good except I did not have anything to eat so my stomach felt weird so I need to remember to eat something next time. I just wanted to get out of the house and get it over with so I forgot to eat.

My first 2 weeks in my training will be fairly easy - by easy I mean not a lot of miles on the treadmill - I just hate the treadmill... but it is my only choice at this time because the sidewalks and roads are very slippery right now... and I will fall.... guaranteed. I am hoping that by March, the roads and sidewalks will be good enough so I can do the rest of my training outside which will also be my longest miles. Anything more than 5 or 6 miles on the treadmill will kill me - I would rather poke sharp sticks in my eyes.

I wish we had a place to run inside. I spent part of the day today searching for a place to run indoors in Madison - no luck. There are a few gyms in the area that have tracks but I think running around a track would suck just as bad as a treadmill - I wish the Kohl Center offered something - at least I could run around in big circles and do some stairs.

I also bought a new workout DVD yesterday - it is Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser) 30 day Shred. I love her on the Biggest loser and this will be a good workout for me on my cross training days and I can do it at home. I will let you all know if it is any good. I wish our YMCA had some decent personal trainers but I have to say, I am not impressed with the ones I have seen there. So I will go with the Nazi, Jillian Michaels and pretend that she is there with me yelling at me to not quit and to do 50 more situps or squats and I will yell back at her to shut the hell up and go get me a cookie.

2 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I have resigned myself to the treadmill for the next couple of months... at least I can watch a lot of TV :-)

Amy said...

I found my old mp3 player with an FM radio so now I can go to the Y and listen to the TV as I run. It will make it a little more tolerable.