Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cross week 1 off

I have found that I enjoy crossing off my runs on my training schedule. I have successfully completed my first week of official training for the 1/2 marathon. Only 16 more weeks to go. I had a great run tonight on the dreadmill. I felt like I could have run forever tonight... it feels good to be at that point. So what if I only had to run 2 miles... it still felt good and that is all that matters. So a measly 6 miles for the week and cross training on my non-run days. I am hoping that the scale shows some progress soon.

It finally happened, I broke out my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD this week. I LOVE IT!! You get a kick ass workout in 20 minutes. It has 3 levels and I chose to skip levels 1 and 2 and went straight to level 3. I survived it and it kicked my butt and I got really sweaty too. There is room for improvement on the pushups. I did half of them on my knees but the plus side is I did the other half on my toes. I now have a goal and that is to be able to do all of the pushups on my toes in a couple of weeks. In 20 minutes you do cardio, strength and abs - what fun!! If you want a great workout I would recommend buying this - it can be found at Target for $15 - a great deal.

Happy training to everyone out there. My first race in 2009 will be CrazyLegs 4/25/2009.

No comments: