Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It is official

My training for the 1/2 marathon OFFICIALLY started yesterday. I have been running and cross training for the last couple of weeks but not consistently. It is now the real deal and no time for making excuses or finding other things to do.

Tonight I did 2 miles on the dreadmill and it felt good. I ran too soon after dinner and I got a side ache but walked it out for about .10 miles and then it was back to running. After my run, I did 60 situps, 40 lunges, and some upper arm workouts. Time to shed my holiday weight.

My goal is to lose 15 lbs by May and by this time next year I would like to be 20 - 30 lbs lighter. I can do it, I have done it in the past but I just need to be disciplined and stick with it.

Happy training to everyone. It is so cold here in Wisconsin this week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I officially started my 1/2 marathon trianing Monday too!