Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It felt good

I just finished up a 2 mile run on the treadmill. Kritta has corrected me and from now on it will be called the dreadmill. Very fitting since I dread doing my runs on it but since in I live in God's country and it is winter there is no other choice right now. I wish it were the end of March so I could start running outside.

If people would shovel their sidewalks and use ice melt then maybe we could run outside but hell naw... no one around here does that.... sorry for my rant... all better now.

So back to my workout... I did 2 miles on the dreadmill and it felt good. I did some intervals and cranked up the speed to 6.5 mph during commercials... okay you speed demons - quit laughing - that is fast for me- and then when the commercial are over I go back down to 5.0 - 5.5 mph. After my run I did 50 situps on my ball and some squats.

Good enough for today... tomorrow is cross training day and I think I will be doing my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred but will do 2 /20 minute workouts.

4 comments:

MissAllycat said...

Yaktrax save my sanity in winter! They make icy/snowy runs a little less treacherous...

Little Sister said...

That is what they call them, Yaktrax?? I had no idea-see my followup commnet to your commnet on my blog...
Sooooo proud and jealous of you. Way tostick to your goal, Amy.
I really need to shed 40 pounds and am having a tough time getting just 2 off right now.

Amy said...

I do have a pair of yaktrax, but find that on just ice they don't work so well. But they are awesome if there is snow cover or snow packed on the ice. I am on my second pair.

Unknown said...

Doean't matter where you get the miles or how fast as long as you get them in. Keep it up Amy!!! It will be so cool to have you out on the half marathon course with us this year!!!