Thursday, February 12, 2009

Training update

I went to the Y this morning and did a 5 mile run on the dreadmill. It actually went really well. I finished in 55.40 minutes. My training plan called for a tempo run where I was supposed to run 3 miles at 10.17 min/miles. I did not accomplish that but I came close. I also included some interval runs in the last mile. It was a great run for being on the treadmill.

Last Saturday the weather was beautiful... it was 45 degrees with a little wind. Collin and I took off in the morning for a nice 5 mile run together. I needed him with me to motivate me and he did not let me down. He pushed me on some hills and also pushed me to run a little bit farther when I wanted to walk. We did 5 miles in 60 minutes. I had some problems with my hamstrings cramping but other than that it went well. It felt good to run outside but my body was sore the rest of the day. My knees needed some TLC so I iced them for about an hour and then they were good. My butt and my hips were a little sore too - it sure is different running outside, but that is my preference.

I really get tired of running alone. Now that my miles are increasing it is nice to have a running partner. I don't mind doing 3 miles alone. I wish I could find someone to run my long runs with. The problem is that I am not really fast... I avg about an 11 or 12 minute mile.

So we got a taste of what spring is going to be like. It was great while it lasted. Today it is turning cold and windy again and they are saying maybe some snow tonight. April can't get here soon enough.

No comments: