Monday, March 2, 2009

New Bike


Collin and I were out doing some errands yesterday. We were wanting to stock up on some gels and were hitting the bike shops. It is not a great time to be looking for gels, we went to 3 bike shops and they did not have any. So I decided to look at road bikes and find out what size I needed. So about an hour later I walked out with this beauty. See this link for the components.
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/09/cusa/model-9RWA7T.html I do have tiagra shifters and brakes which is an upgrade from the specs. I am also going to add clipless pedals and will probably change the tape out for black. The bike had a white seat so the white wrap looked good, but I wanted a different seat an all they had was black. I will also be adding bottle cages and will be taking off the reflectors.
I want to start riding this year. If I like it and can get into it, I want to try to do a sprint tri sometime this summer. I need to something more than just run.
Week 7 of training for the 1/2 marathon was brutal. Monday and Wednesday were too horrible run days. I had problems with leg pain and cramping both days. Was not looking forward to my 7 miles on the treadmill on Saturday. But I am happy to report that the long run went really well. No pain at all in my knees and no cramping at all. I completed 7 miles in exactly 77 minutes so I averaged an 11 minute mile. Not bad. So I ended week 7 with a total of 14 miles.
This weather needs to break. I want to get my bike out on the open roads. For right now I am putting her on the trainer to break her and I in. I am not looking foward to the soreness on the old butt that comes with starting to ride again. I may have to sit on a pillow.. ha ha.

3 comments:

michaelg said...

Groovy bike! Check out bikewisconsin.com I've done Northwoods twice and SAGBRAW once. Northwoods is short this year by comparison to past years. You can Colin should join us.

Unknown said...

Once you go BIKE you never go back!!! :)

Triathlon training said...

I like web blog.Enjoyed reading your blog. I'm going to start training.